Call for papers in the special session on
Sustainable Operations and Supply Chain Management
European Operations Management Association, EurOMA-2009
16th Annual Conference, Göteborg, Sweden, June 14-17, 2009
The Track Sustainable Operations and Supply Chain Management and is soliciting papers for presentation at EurOMA-2009 that contribute to improving sustainability in Supply Chain Management system design and operations. Supply Chain intervention has been used successfully by companies for decades to improve their financial bottom line. Could a Supply Chain and Operational Management approach be used as successfully in the drive to reduce energy use and cut harmful emissions across the economy? Research on Sustainability in Operations Management may draw from varied disciplines, such as operations and supply chain management, industrial engineering, information systems, transport technology, logistics, and production management. Diverse but rigorous research methods are welcome, including empirical, analytical, numerical, and conceptual approaches. Sample topics include, but are not limited to:
- Measurement of environmental performance in SCM
- Development of Tools, Methods and Models
- Managing organizational and technological change for sustainability
- Identifying Cost Efficient Measures to Reduce Environmental Impact
- Prerequisites for Successful Implementation of Sustainable Concepts in Operations and SCM
- The Role of Customer Requirements in Designing a Sustainable Operation and Supply Chain Management System
- Impact of Packaging Design and Strategy on Sustainable Operations and SCM
- Sustainability’s Impact on Quality management, and error reduction in Operation and SCM.
Contributors are invited to submit extended abstracts (500-800 words) to the conference site, www.EurOMA2009.org, by January 16th, 2009, following the conference instructions. Each abstract will be reviewed along the same review criteria as a traditional EurOMA abstract.
Decisions regarding acceptance will be made by February 13th, 2009. Papers are accepted on the assumption that the manuscript is an original work and has not been copyrighted, published or accepted for presentation at other conferences. At least one author must register, attend the conference, and present the paper. Full papers must be received by April 17th, 2009. Accepted papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings.
Magnus Blinge, Chalmers University of Technology, email@example.com
Alan McKinnon, Heriot-Watt University, firstname.lastname@example.org
Maria Huge-Brodin. Linköping University, email@example.com