This came through on email which may be of interest…
We would like to announce the international conference EMAN 2009: Environmental Accounting and Sustainable Development Indicators which will be held on April 23-24, 2009 (Thursday-Friday) in Prague, the Czech Republic.
The conference has been included into the official program of Ministry of the Environment during the Czech Republic’s presidency of the European Union. It is the 12th conference in the series of annual events promoted by the EMAN-EU network. It is also the 5th Conference organized by Jan Evangelista Purkyne University in Usti nad Labem on the theme of environmental accounting and sustainable development.
We are aiming to bring together around 250 experts, academics, statisticians and officials to discuss to promote awareness of sustainable development concepts and tools by using indicators and environmental accounting framework.
Come and get a perfect opportunity to spend a wonderful weekend in Prague, the beautiful capital of the Czech Republic!
This year’s conference will be focused at Environmental Accounting and Sustainable Development Indicators both at micro and macro levels.
– Corporate sustainability accounting,
– Corporate sustainability accounting tools,
– Corporate sustainability reporting,
– Corporate sustainability reporting tools,
– Environmental accounting best practices,
– Environmental benefit accounting,
– Latest developments and trends in environmental management accounting.
– Accounting of ecosystem stocks and services,
– Accounting of environmental activities and transactions,
– Carbon accounting,
– Damages, externalities and welfare: valuation, accounting and indicators,
– Ecological footprint accounting,
– Land use and land cover accounting,
– Material and energy flow accounting,
– Measurement of de-coupling and EKC testing,
– Water Framework Directive consequences,
– Environmental modeling.
Dates and Deadlines
20. 10. 2008 Registration start and call for abstracts
31. 12. 2008 Deadline for abstracts submission
20. 01. 2009 Notification of paper acceptance
23. 03. 2009 Deadline for submission of full papers
15. 04. 2009 Deadline for registration
For more information please visit: www.ea-sdi.ujep.cz
Call for abstracts: http://www.ea-sdi.ujep.cz/en/conference-2009/call-for-abstracts.html